*Scroll to bottom of this page for information about insurance and healthcare payment plans.
Help Payment Plans:
- For help locating resources in a variety of services click this link.
- For help locating medical resources, click this link, which includes a medical assistance programs for those who do not meet citizenship status requirements.
Health Preventative Plans:
- Life Saver Fund: free mammogram screening and radiologist reading fee of the mammogram for women over 40 years of age with no financial resources or insurance. Contact Providence St. Mary Medical Center for more information or call (509) 522-5831.
- Free HIV testing through Blue Mountain Heart to Heart, click here for more information.
- To take a test to see if you are at risk for diabetes, click this link.
- Diabetes support group meetings at Providence St. Mary Medical Center on the third Wednesday of every month at 5pm. No charge, click this link for additional information.
- Diabetes support group meetings at Walla Walla General Hospital on the first Thursday of every month at 1:30pm. No charge, click this link for additional information.
- For help eating with diabetes, click this link.
- For help eating with diabetes on a low budget, click this link or this link or this link.
- For where to begin with type 2 diabetes, click this link for the pdf or this link for goal setting.
- For a diabetes log book, click this link.
- For a guide to healthy eating, click this link.
- Gluten intolerance eating support group meets for free at Walla Walla General Hospital every third Monday of the month at 7pm, click this link for more information.
- There are two different food help payment plans in Walla Walla, WIC and SNAP. For information about WIC & SNAP help payment plans, click this link.
For a guide to treating and preventing high cholesterol, click this link.
Women's Health Resources:
- For a guide to women's health generally, click this link.
- For resources about the HPV vaccine, click this link.
- For planned parenthood, click this link.
- For general information on vaccines, click this link.
- For a schedule of what age to receive a vaccination, click this link.
- If you are looking for a specific vaccine, click this link to find where the closest place that carries the vaccine.
- SOS Health Services typically does not do vaccinations unless it is the flu shot. For free vaccinations, contact the Walla Walla County Department of Community Health. You must be uninsured or underinsured. They offer: TDAP, Varicella, MMR, Shingles, Pnemonia-23, Pnemonia-13, HPV, Hep A, and Hep B. Call (509) 524-2650 for more infomation or to schedule an appointment.
- For general information on HIV/AIDS, click this link.
- For testing information contact Blue Mountain Heart to Heart by calling (509) 529-4744.
Mental Health Resources:
- Suicide support group for those that have lost someone to suicide take place the 2nd Tuesday of every month 5:15-6:45pm at the SonBridge Community Center. Call (509) 301-2692 or (509) 386-0456 for more information, no charge.
- SOS Health Services has several doctors who are trained in psychiatric services, ask at the front desk to see when those specific doctors will be in.
- If you need a safe place to stay or support with domestic violence or assault experiences, call YWCA Walla Walla 509-525-2570 or click on this link.
- If you or someone you know is in need of help during a mental health crisis, call the Walla Walla County Crisis Line 509-524-2999. Available 24/7, 365 days of the year. For more information about what to look for, visit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website at this link.
Insurance Information in Washington/Oregon:
- If you live in Washington, click this link for Washington Health Plan Finder. Click this link for information about contacting them directly. You can also renew health insurance through Washington Health Plan Finder. *Apple Insurance in Washington is the name for Medicaid.
- If you live in Oregon, click this link to begin looking for insurance. Click this link for information about contacting them directly.
- If you live outside of Washington and Oregon, click this link for other information regarding health insurance.
- If you qualify as an undocumented citizen you cannot receive Apple Insurance. Instead click this link for information regarding healthcare as an undocumented citizen in Washington.
- If you have questions regarding the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), click this link for more information.
- If you have questions regarding CHIP or Medicaid or Medicare, click this link for more information.
- SOS Health Care Services has a trained health care provider navigator that will work with you personally, so give us a call!